Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I'm all Packed For Road Atlanta - VIR Update!

Romans!

A short missive here. But I felt that I should say something about how generous I find these folks I spend pretty much my entire life with these days.

One such person, who has shown kindness and generosity to myself ever since I started down this career path is Josh Hayes, currently the Erion Honda Formula Extreme Champion. Ever since my first outing with my camera and gear during a test at laguna Seca, where I captured the moment where his front brake failed aboard the Attack Kawasaki ZX10R superbike. He was the first person I ever sold a print to, in fact it was a 12 image single print of this very incident.

One such event happened the other weekend following Josh Hayes' Formula Extreme win over Larry Pegram and Marty Craggill. After receiving the trophy from Bruce of Arai Helmets, and the traditional spraying of champagne, he simply walked over to Bruce, and gave the first place trophy back to him and said this is for you. Bruce was overwhelmed, and SO overwhelmed things were getting emotional! Melissa, Joshs' fiancé, was getting all bleary eyed, and then I too, started getting bleary eyed, being the soppy fart I am!

With that in mind, here's a shot of Bruce just after receiving his gift...Amazing. It's why I love this sport.

Oh, and one last picture. I do try to not replicate exactly what I did the year before, however, there is one spot on the track at VIR that if the light is right, creates an image I personally love and so I like to try and get another rider in that magical place each time. This time it is Ben Spies (it was Mat Mladin before..) and for me it sums up VIR (aside from the pulled pork that is...)With that in mind, I'll bid you adieu, finish packing my gear and start getting dinner. Gumbo tonight!

TTFN - Andrew

No comments: